Sunday, December 28, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Well, Christmas has come and gone once again and I would have to say that I am happy that it is over. Lately, the holidays have stressed me out and I have become sort of a grinch this year. Chad, Kiara, and I left to travel to my parents home on Dec. 22 (which also happens to be our anniversary). We left at noon and didn't make it to my parents home until 5 pm the next day. We hit some pretty bad weather when we got into Idaho and thank goodness Chad is a good driver because I would have been a wreck! We traveled through white out conditions and at time we couldn't even see the road. At about two in the morning we decided that we should just find a motel because we couldn't go any further due to the weather conditions. I think we were all so happy to finally be at my parents home.
I was very happy to see Ami. I swear she has grown two feet since I last saw her in October. Also her hair has grown very long too. Kiara was really happy to see her older sis too. She got right down and started wandering the house with her.
We had a Great Christmas and I really enjoyed spending time with my family as well as with my wonderful husband Chad. (He didn't complain or moan at all the whole time he was there at my parents.)
Needless to say Chad has already left and gone home. He was very nice and suggested that I stay a little longer with my family since I don't get to see them and then fly home. I think that would be easier on the children then driving anyway. So I am still here and will be here for another week and a half. The only thing that I am sad about is that I won't be able to be with Chad for the New Year (and I won't get a new year kiss).

Only my family and my sister Cori were able to make it to my parents home for Christmas.



These are our crazy faces!!!



This was on Christmas Eve. This has been our first family photo since Kiara was born.


Ami got a barbie castle! She was a little tired and not quite awake yet.


She also got a Mermaid. It was so funny because when she unwrapped it she said, "This is what I wanted the whole day!"


Kiara got some baby dolls and a Dora the Explorer tent that had a tunnel that attached to it. They both loved to play in it.


Chad helped her open her Dora cell phone.


Don't they all look tired?



Aren't we so cute?

And here we are being silly.


Me and my mother


I guess we were on a crazy face kick on Christmas night!


Chad and Kiara playing the piano.

1 comment:

The Lays said...

Wow Ami looks huge and soo cute! She sure did grow alot there. I am glad you had a great Christmas and were able to see your fam. and are staying a longer time, that is great!Love you!